Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Judge not one another

For some reason that I don’t understand there is this "general idea" (for lack of a better term) that all or most Christians are hypocrites. Sure there are some people in the church who are and yes, there are people who judge people and look down on someone they shouldn't, and they take the "I am mightier then thou" approach. But to say all Christians are its ridiculous. People say "Christians" put themselves up on a pedestal. I don’t believe that’s true. I think the "unbelievers" who have put Christians up on the pedestal. So when Christians screw up they torch them for it. People have to understand that we are all human we all make mistakes. Christians make mistakes they screw up. I screw up. You screw up! Everyone screws up! No one is perfect.

There is a story in the bible I don’t know what book and what chapter, I don’t know word for word but its basically about the Pharisee’s who went to this prostitutes house caught her in the "act" dragged her out of bed, without her cloths brought her to Jesus and asked him to judge her. They told him the commandments say she should be killed. They had wanted and planned on stoning this chick. The Pharisee’s asked Jesus what he thinks they should do. He's told them if there is anyone who hasn’t sinned let them cast the stone. Then he bent down and started to write something in the sand. The bible never says what he wrote, but the people who were there with the stones in there hands ready to throw them at her. Everyone dropped the stones and walked away. I personally think he wrote all the sins that everyone in attendance has done. Because there were convicted and were ashamed or whatever and they walked away realizing they have done things that they werent proud of that were just has bad as that prostitute had done. Then after everyone had left and it was just Jesus and the prostitute he looked up at her and told her that she was forgiven and to go and sin no more.

So I guess my point is everyone makes mistakes Christians and non-Christians alike. So if you’re not a Christian please try to see the other side of things. Stop putting humans on a pedestal. There going to fall eventually, and when they do. Don’t tear them down.

There's so much more to this story then what I'm talking about but you get my point.

No comments: